State of Indiana Monument (Gettysburg)
Battlefield: Gettysburg National Military Park, Pennsylvania
Location: East Confederate and Slocum Aves, Spangler Meadow
Map Coordinates: +39° 48' 50.76", -77° 12' 58.68"
- "Liberty - Equality. Dedicated to those Hoosiers who so nobly advanced freedom on this great battlefield."
- "On July 1, 1863, Indiana units engaged Confederate forces at Gettysburg and sustained some of the first casualties among the Union ranks. In this battle to preserve the Union, 552 men from Indiana were casualties to that cause"
- "In honored memory of those valiant men of Indiana who served in the:
- 7th Ind. Vol. Inf. Regt.
- 14th Ind. Vol. Inf. Regt.
- 19th Ind. Vol. Inf. Regt.
- 20th Ind. Vol. Inf. Regt.
- 27th Ind. Vol. Inf. Regt.
- I & K Companies 1st Ind. Vol. Cav. Regt.
- ABCDEF Companies 3rd Ind. Vol. Cav. Regt"
Artist: Yeager, Al, sculptor; Codori Memorials, fabricator
Dedicated: July 1, 1971
Dimensions: Sculpture: H. 12 ft. 11 in. x W. 5 ft.; Base: W. 11 ft. x D. 6 ft.
Description: Two Barre granite monoliths stand on a pedestal and base, surrounded by an Indiana limestone patio and walkway. The Indiana State Seal is incised into the lower front face, between the monoliths.
Battlefield Location Map